The whole family of Harrisons companies is ready to hit the road to bring our expertise and products on a national tour of home shows.
And to make sure that we look our best, we’ve designed and built a new suite of stage-sets so that Harrisons Curtains & Blinds, Harrisons Energy Solutions and Harrisons Carpets offer a clear and consistent message to home renovators, home builders and home decorators throughout New Zealand.
The national roadshow starts with the Auckland Home Show at ASB Showgrounds from September 7-11 and will roll out through Franklin, Nelson, Northland, Waikato and Canterbury, before our final show of the year when our Energy Solutions stand will be at The Great Kiwi Home and Living Show in Dunedin on November 5-6.
Harrisons is proud to be able to deliver a range of solutions for the New Zealand home – from the innovations surrounding solar power and battery storage, to the style and functionality of our carpets, blinds, shutters and curtains.
And with 50 years’ experience of retail behind us, we understand the needs of Kiwi homeowners, whether they’re in the winterless north or the deep south, and whether they are furnishing a traditional villa or country home, or fitting out a modern apartment or townhouse.
Harrisons interior designer Anita Shirley says she’s researched and designed the new-look display stands so they will last the rigours of a tough tour around New Zealand, while also offering clients a fresh, interactive opportunity to see what Harrisons can offer.
The main design features of the new stands are:
- The Energy Solutions stand will allow customers to investigate how they can insulate and power their home using the latest in solar power, battery storage, insulation, ventilation and heat pumps. As well as having experts on hand to offer hands-on advice about our products, we’ll also have screens showing how our customers are already making cost savings on their power bills and living in warmer, healthier homes.
- The Curtains & Blinds stand will allow customers to pick up fabrics and match them to paint samples so they can visualise how colours, textures and hues would work in their home. There will also be opportunities to see how different blinds and shutters operate and how to mix and match different styles (such as sunscreens with curtains, or double-tracked sheer or semi-sheer materials with black-out curtains).
- As well as displaying the range of carpets and vinyl flooring, our home show set for Harrisons Carpets will also include a 4m light box displaying one of our Harrisons vehicles – our point of difference. Our vans are an extension of our stores. By arranging a home visit, our experts bring hundreds of samples straight to the customer’s door and then we work with them, custom-designing a solution to fit their requirements.
Our team of Harrisons experts will be on hand throughout the nation-wide roadshow to be able to offer interior design tips and advice to complement Harrisons products and services.
“The home shows are all about displaying a whole range of as many products as possible so people can be inspired visually,” Anita says. “They will be able to feel fabrics, operate products and see how some of our solar products operate. Much of our range is very tactile meaning you can’t just go online and buy them as you might an iPad, for example – and people like to be able to visualise, get involved and interact with what we have on offer.”
The full list of where you can catch up with Harrisons Energy or one of our sister companies and their team of experts is:
- Sept 7-11: Auckland Home Show (Carpets, Energy and Curtains & Blinds)
- Sept 24-25: Franklin Home & Lifestyle Expo, Pukekohe (Carpets and Curtains & Blinds)
- Sept 30-Oct2: Nelson Home and Garden Show (Carpets, Energy and Curtains & Blinds)
- Sept 30-Oct2: Northland Home Show (Energy)
- Oct 6-9: Waikato Home and Garden Show (Carpets and Energy)
- Oct 14-16: Canterbury Home Show (Carpets and Curtains & Blinds)
- Nov 5-6: The Great Kiwi Home and Living Show, Dunedin (Energy)